Rocket Internet, headquartered in Europe’s Silicon Valley Berlin, is the world’s largest Internet incubator. Our team has been building online companies since 1999 and has created over 100 market leading companies in 50+ countries, and operate a network of 25 international Rocket offices.
Kaymu is the leading online marketplace in Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia. The successful start-up incubator Rocket Internet backs us in our pursuit of becoming a major Internet powerhouse in the emerging markets. For further expansion, we seek a highly motivated and talented individual for the post of Logistics Intern.
• Record, initiate & enter the shipments to the logistics system to ensure existing information for further processing.
• Pack, prepare, classify and hold the shipments according to destination and the routing to be handled by assigned staff.
• Calculate, account and provide information about the shipment statistics: weight, destination, quantity, type, charge.
• Communicate, coordinate, follow up and report about on-processing or hold items to be manipulated, delivered to other parties or provide feedback about the current status.
• Provide presentable communications with clients/customers and provide them the desired level of service in answering their queries.
• Perform filing and documentation issues as prescribed for them, and provide vital assistance in keeping records and following up the status for under-processing shipments.
• Carry out reception activities and consult customers about any queries, answer phones and emails regarding any issue.
• Collaborate and assess in serving other logistics operations as requested by the higher management.
• Communicates with other departments to effectively plan and achieve organization goals.
• Follow procedures of reporting on performance, budgets and other reports as necessary.
• G C E A/L’s or any other recognized qualification. (School Leavers preferred)
• Age below 25 years
• General IT skills including Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Packages
• Ability to work in a time bound environment
• Ability to proactively and confidently manage set tasks and work independently
Please forward your resume along with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org with the post applied for mentioned
in the subject line.
Kaymu Lanka (Pvt) Ltd,
No.9, 3rd Floor, School lane, Colombo 3
Hotline: +94 11 757 5600