PEAK DMC Colombo is the local Destination Management Company (DMC) in Sri Lanka for the Intrepid Group. Headquartered in Australia, the Intrepid Group is the largest adventure travel company in the world and operates tours all over the world. In Sri Lanka, the DMC operates tours for the Intrepid Group as well as for the other travel organizations who are looking to run sustainable experience rich small group tours. PEAK DMC provides product in both B2B (business to business) and B2C (direct to consumer) environments. The Sri Lanka DMC has seen a massive growth over the last 18 months and is now looking for suitable candidates to expand our team. ( http://www.peakdmc.com/content/sri-lanka )
This opportunity is for a Sales Team Leader to join our Destination Management Company in Colombo.
About the Role
This role will provide leadership to the team, grow sales and deliver service-level excellence for PEAK DMC. The Team Leader is responsible for the team of consultants achieving sales targets and exceptional customer performance levels in consultation and booking of tailored FIT trips. The leader will provide guidance, training and direction as the team delivers product development, itinerary building and customer service, based on the PEAK DMC minimum standards, company philosophies and operational systems. The Sales Team Leader will also service their own clients and take a more hands on role in overseeing management of VIP clients.
This position will be relied upon to provide proactive solutions to the problems encountered as the team services our clients. An excellent understanding of new and existing product and itineraries will be required to develop the team as the primary contact point for FIT clients. Establishing and maintaining excellent customer service standards to convert enquiry into sales.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Strong leadership in achieving set targets for sales consultants through an effective monitoring scheme Improve Profitability through effective processes, training and feedback/coaching Efficient sales service through well-managed recruitment, training and rostering within a team culture Achievement of own sales target and oversight of VIP client servicing
Consistently high customer service levels for region and effective management of customer complaints
Report on Sales performance/collection of stats to provide to GM and BDM
Scheduling of consultants in line with demand
Lead the performance and development of all team reports
Delivering training for new processes or products to the team in a timely manner
Best practice sales standards to be embedded and modelled within the team
Maintain up to date marketing and sales knowledge
Assist with product development
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong destination/regional and local travel knowledge
• Significant travel industry experience, ideally with adventure travel
• Demonstrated experience and success in sales is essential
• Management training and/or qualifications advantageous
• Previous and substantiated team management experience, including coaching, training and developing team members for high sales performance required.
• Proven track record in managing target sales for a team of direct reports
• Solid experience in computer/online reservations systems
• Experience in adventure travel product development
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
• Fluent English skills (written and verbal)
Skills and Attributes
• Strong alignment with PEAK values and culture
• Ability to adapt to and work across multiple cultures
• Strong international communication skills via phone and email
• Highly Customer/client focused
• Strong influencing skills
• Self-driven and able to work flexibly to meet deadlines
• Ability and willingness to work with local operations, sales and purchasing teams
If you are a match to the above role then don’t miss the opportunity to enhance your career and global knowledge with a
great travel company that is growing fast.
Send your resume to: HRColombo@intrepidtravel.com
PEAK DMC Colombo Level 4, Tisara Plaza, 135 Dutugemunu Street, Colombo 06 T: +94 112199716 W: www.peakdmc.com