Assist new product developments while overlooking prototype development, metal works, forming, surface finishing including final coating, machine modifications, tooling, and final sample making while liaising with service providers, contractors, and other required suppliers on machine works and spare parts
The main job functions of this position will include:
• Follow up required sample from die manufacturing to extrusion/ surface finishing.
• Attending to metal work when sample product making.
• Surface finishing of sample product.
• Tolerance checking against customer specifications and recording measurements.
• Liaise with out-sourced parties to prepare samples/ tooling required for new products and processes.
We seek a dedicated, result oriented young individual with good design ability, communication skills and sound personal attributes for the aforementioned position.
The suitable candidate should possess:
• GCE Advanced Level/ordinary Level Qualification.
• Previous working/training experience in the relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Technical qualification from (NVQ Level – 04) recognized Institute CGTTI, AETI, ATI or NAITA.
• Good Knowledge of Welding / Fabrication / Machining / Metal work.
• Skills on Lathe, milling, CNC, welding and painting.
The remuneration package for the above position is very competitive and the rewards are performance driven. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please apply within 7 days of this publication by email to email@example.com or by post to Group Manager – HR and Admin, Alumex PLC, Pattiwila Road, Sapugaskanda, Makola indicating the position applied for on the subject line of the email or on the top left corner of the envelope. Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit based. Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.