Our client is a well-established organization in the field of banking with a network
of branches locally and overseas. They are presently looking for a professional with
high level of integrity, competence and with the willingness to take up the above
The job Role:
• Develop, implement and promote the research strategy for the bank;
• Continuously review and align bank’s research agenda with business objectives and strategy;
• Direct the activities of the research team to make the bank a knowledge leader in the area of economic and financial services;
• Monitor and analyze socio economic and banking developments in Sri Lanka and internationally and report trends and insights to the management;
• Conduct primary or secondary research on financial markets, competition and key economic sectors along with key players in those sector;
• Forecast economic outlook and key economic and business sector trends;
• Support management decision making by providing high-quality, timely research;
• Provide strategic research input for the corporate management in formulation of the Bank’s strategy through overseeing the preparation of publications and their distribution to bank’s customers, affiliates, press etc.;
• Build niche research skills in specific areas like credit, innovations in banking industry, treasury/trading etc.;
• Contribute to the bank’s corporate communications activities through the preparation, review or editing of bank publications, annual reports, press briefings and presentations;
• Grow and nurture bank’s engagement with external agencies (e.g. Press, media, academics, external researchers, industry leaders) and maintain effective working relationships internally with research managers within the bank;
• Make presentations to customer groups on topics such as regional/national/sector trends.
The ideal candidate should:
Possess a Ph.D. and M.A./M.Sc. in Economics;
Have minimum of 10 years hands on experience in research division (Banking or Financial sector experience is mandatory);
Be able to understand business issues and thus design appropriate research to meet the business need;
Experience must include advanced written analysis, quantitative forecasting and excellent presentation and report writing skills;
Possess excellent analytical, quantitative and communication skills, both verbal and written is essential;
Have familiarity with Bloomberg, Reuters, Factiva etc., platforms and proficiency in the use of statistical and modeling tools, standard software including Alteryx,Tablue, SPSS etc.; Preferable age group between 35 – 55 years.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and contact details of two non – related referees, quoting the reference number and position on both the cover letter and subject of the e-mail, should reach the following address / email:
KPMG Executive Search (Private) Limited,
32A, Sir Mohamed Macan Markar Mawatha, Colombo 03.
Website: www.lk.kpmg.com E-mail: email@example.com
© 2016 KPMG. a Sri Lankan partnership, and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.