Wiley is looking for Tech Specialists to join our exiting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. As a Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will work closely with the engineering and business leadership, engineering teams, project managers and other business stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to expectations and solicit feedback on issues. You will serve as the custodian of standards-compliant software development and responsible for implementing the architecture and designing of the Wiley product portfolio.
• Be the technology lead for the team, take the ownership of the high-quality deliverables and be accountable.
• Be responsible for the logical and physical development of applications based on agreed user requirements and architecture.
• Provide guidance and mentoring the team.
• Work with non-technical business colleagues to understand the functionality, composition, and user requirements.
• Able to make use of this knowledge to constantly build the skills of other team members and to help drive business strategy.
• Responsible for implementing the defined quality procedures as well as promoting their use within the team.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
• Must have a minimum of 6 years experience developing application using Java, Spring boot, React JS, SQL/NoSQL databases.
• Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
• Strong background designing, architecting and developing high availability, high volume, customer-facing online platforms.
• Working knowledge of caching technologies, front-end technologies and web architecture.
• Understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
• Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review
Apply: wiley-sl-recruitment@wiley. com