Senior Gender/Youth Advisor & Program Manager, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position.
The senior gender/youth advisor and program officer will help design, implement and oversee the gender and youth component of the program as well as the integration of gender equity, youth, marginalized populations and their concerns into all project activities. This will be a full-time position based in Colombo.
- Design, implement and oversee activities addressing the needs of gender, youth and marginalized populations throughout the program cycle; build staff capacity.
- Improve grantee capacity on gender/youth and address gender equality in their governance and project activities.
- Manage Colombo-based program officers.
- Directly manage larger grants, especially those addressing gender and youth issues.
- Track country developments with respect to gender.
- Conduct research on gender topics and advise on research conducted by local partners.
- Help design the project’s gender/youth strategy and approach
- Build project staff capacity to address gender.
- Assess status of gender/youth integration and understanding in prospective grantee proposals and in grantee organizations.
- Deliver capacity building to grantees on gender, including via formal training programs, technical assistance and coaching.
- Oversee grants for gender/youth focused efforts and ensure all grantees integrate gender into their activities.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) officer to ensure that gender is reflected in indicators, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Significant experience working on gender programs or implementing the gender component of donor-funded programs.
- Experience working on programs that address gender rights and gender-based violence.
- Experience working in a range of provinces preferred.
- Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Colombo, as needed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com