J.L.Morison Son & Jones (Ceylon) PLC is a fully Sri Lankan owned Company with seven decades of experience and working relationships in the country. Our main areas of focus in healthcare, fast moving consumer goods and agriculture have made us well known across the nation and provided us the opportunity to forge strategic partnerships which allow us to import and distribute internationally renowned products via our island wide distribution network. In addition to our importing activities we also manufacture our own high quality generic pharmaceuticals and leading consumer goods in our own factories. We have an opening for a Quality Control Manager in our manufacturing Company M.SJ.Industries (Ceylon) (Private) Limited.
This position will report to the Chief Technical Officer, whilst responsible for quality control systems, in the piant as per cGMP and GLP standards.
• Responsible for planning. Implementing and prioritizing Quality Control Systems as per cGMP and GLP standard at the plant in respect to Raw Materials. Packing materials. In process and Finished Products in coordination with R&D. and QA whilst effectively managing the QC annual budget.
• Establishing specification and Method of Analysis of Raw Materials. Packing materials, in process and Finished Products in line with cGMP norms and ensure proper quality check points are established in all critical areas.
• Ensure completeness of documentation and validation of process and analytical methods as per cGMP requirements, setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures, monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports whilst using relevant quality tools and parameters to improve quality norms in par with industries best practices.
• Coordination with Maintenance. Stores, and Production to ensure visibility of all quality parameters available and adequately train staff, operators and update their skills (cGMP. Safety. SOPs etc) and def.ne quality- procedures in conjunction with the operating staff.
• Ensure the plant is maintained in high level of discipline at all levels in respect to adhering to cGMP requirements thereby, conduct periodic audits to ensure consistency and proper adherence to stipulated internal and cGMP governances, whilst training and developing the QC personnel as per quality procedures and measures.
• Ensure The Effluent Treatment plant is maintained by analyzing effluent daily satisfying legal requirements when renewing annual licensing with the Environmental Authority and thereby continuation of the manufacturing process.
• Ensure to review both internal and external customer requirements, suggestions, complaints and making sure they are met on regular basis and take preventive measures and constantly elevate quality standards at the plant according to cGMP standards.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• BSc. Chemistry (Special) from a recognized university.
• MSc. Analytical Chemistry (prefer Physics as a subject for general degree)
• Knowledge of Analytical instruments such as HPLC. JR. Karl – Fisher & Micro- biological analysis
• Proven track record with 3 years experience in a managerial capacity in the area of quality control in a pharmaceutical
• High level of People Management Skills in deploying and developing Quality Control Officers. Quality Auditors and the
• Sound IT literacy.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Ability to handle complexities.
• Age below 40 years.
Attractive salary and benefits, pleasant working environment, excellent opportunities for career advancement are on offer for the right candidates. If you believe you have got what we are looking for, please forward your CY with the names, addresses &. contact numbers of two non-related referees within 7 days of this advertisement with the post applied for marked on the top left hand comer of the envelope, to:
The Head of Human Resources J.L.Morison Son & Jones (Ceylon) PLC, 620, Bivagama Road, Pethiyagoda, Kelaniya.
Fax: 2915378 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org