Grants Manager, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position.
The grants specialist will be responsible for the award and day-to-day management and implementation of all aspects of the project’s grants program in close cooperation with the chief of party (COP), deputy chief of party (DCOP), finance manager and MSI headquarters. This position has primary responsibility for ensuring that all grants and related procurement activities are conducted in accordance with USAID and MSI policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assist in the overall design and management of all grants issued under the program.
- Ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and grant closeout.
- Help develop annual grant solicitations.
- Oversee solicitation process, including review of applications; lead documentation of the process, develop grant terms of reference, help negotiate grants and ensure grantees understand terms.
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants to track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables.
- Maintain the grants tracking and oversee accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results.
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation to the program officers, M&E specialists and operations manager.
- Provide training and support to potential grantees in the preparation of their grant applications.
- Maintain communication with grantees ensuring they meet all deliverables.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
· Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated expertise in developing and managing grant program activities in partnership with civil society organizations; at least two (2) years of USAID project experience required.
· Experience overseeing grants, procurements and service contracts in compliance with donor regulations, with knowledge of USAID regulations.
· Demonstrated experience in programs requiring community-level engagement.
· Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
· Strong initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities tasks proactively, without waiting for instructions.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and one national language required; proficiency in second national language desirable.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Colombo, as needed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.