Chemonics International is seeking dynamic individuals for the USAID- funded agriculture livelihoods development pilot activity in Sri Lanka. The Supporting Opportunities in Livelihoods Development (SOLE)) pilot activity is designed to strengthen the livelihoods of vulnerable populations in selected areas of the country. The SOLE) activity will complement the government of Sri Lanka’s livelihood development and economic growth promotion efforts, with a particular focus on creating economic opportunities for women, youth, and vulnerable populations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Qualifications and requirements:
* Bachelors degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or Livestock
* Three years or more experience in the horticulture or Livestock
* Fluency in Sinhala and English. Working knowledge of Tamil is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Self-motivated and task oriented.
* Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office.
* Willins to travel throughout the provinces reeularlv.
* Experience working on USAID or International donor funded projects is a plus.
Application Instructions: Send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28th, 2015.
Please submit CV and cover letter with name of candidate and the position. Please also included position title in the subject line of the e- mail. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.