Partnered with the world’s largest name in travel – TUI Travel PLC (part of the Destination Services Network) for over three decades, Aitken Spence Travels was the only travel company to win the Presidential Award for the ‘Best Destination Management Company’ in Sri Lanka for 3 consecutive years and enter the Hall of Fame. We require the services of a dynamic, result oriented and highly motivated individual to be a part of our team in the following capacity.
The ideal candidate should be between 20 – 30 years of age and possess the GCE (A/L) qualification. A Degree in Tourism/Business Management from a reputed institute and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in inbound tourism operations is required. Excellent command of English, excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of Travel Assist, MS Office operating system and IBM Lotus Notes, product and industry knowledge, ability to work long hours are key competencies sought.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Promoting the destinations
• Planning itineraries, costing and identifying new products and tour programmes
• Negotiating allotments and rates as required
• Preparing tour packets
• Coordinating with airport representatives and being at the airport for arrivals/departures when required
• Maintaining a good relationship with suppliers, overseas principles and internal customers
• Arranging transport, guides and other required logistics
Apply via Topjobs or email your curriculum vitae to email@example.com, or post your CV to: Director/Chief Human Resource Officer, Aitken Spence Group Ltd., 315 Vauxhall Street, Colombo 2, together with the names of three non-related referees and a passport size colour photograph of yourself. Indicate the position and sector applied for, on the top left corner of the envelope or on the subject line of the email when sending your CV. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.