The DFA is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial | reporting and administrative operations on the USAID funded SCORE Activity. S/he will oversee financial operations for the project; conduct continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the project and the correct usage of funds. The position reports to the Chief of Party and works closely with the DCOP, Regional Managers, and Grants and Finance personnel. A successful candidate will have experience working with US Government, the ability to oversee staff and partner organization finances and a strong background in institutionalizing financial best practices. The DFA must be able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Must be able and willing to travel domestically to regional program offices. This position is a member of the Senior Management Team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide financial management for all aspects of the program.
• Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID rules and regulations and Global Communities policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
• Manage the project budget ensuring all costs incurred by Global Communities policies are accounted for and in compliance with local laws.
• Provide financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to HQ on budget expenditures.
• Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
• Provide oversight on all program related financial matters.
• Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with USAID contractual requirements.
• Oversee Finance and Grants staff ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately.
• Provide technical assistance to improve the systems of internal control and financial management of partners.
• Advise program staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
• Establish/Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub contracts and sub grants.
• Produce budget projections and reports for submission to the donor through the HQ.
• Monitor partner’s management of funds and cross check source documents.
• Work closely with Global Communities policies grants and administration units on program related matters.
• Maintain financial files and support and oversee annual audits.
• Mentor and build the capacity of staff.
• Provide oversight of project administration, IT, and HR management staff.
• Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proven experience with US government-funded contracts and in-depth knowledge of US Government regulations found in the 2 CFR 200 and OMB Circulars, FAR, AIDAR, and ADS.
• Significant experience managing US government Cooperative Agreements and/or Contracts.
• Strong managerial skills; experience overseeing staff required.
• Ability to set put financial regulation systems with partner organizations to ensure the efficient and accurate disbursement of funds.
• Knowledge of HR & IT practices a plus.
• Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments.
• Strong computers skills are mandatory.
• Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Advanced degree in economics, finance, accounting, business, or a related subject, a CPA or MA in accounting preferred.
• 8 + years’ experience in international finance/accounting.
• 10+ years’ international management experience.
Applicants are to submit cover letter and detailed CV to SriLankaHR@globalcommunities.org with the title and the location of the position applied appearing as the email subject.