Chemonics seeks an experienced chief of party for the three-year, $14-15 million USAID Strengthening Democratic Governance and Accountability Project (SDGAP) in Sri Lanka. The project is estimated to begin in mid to late 2016 and is intended to support democratic governance, reform and accountability in Sri Lanka through the strengthening of country systems and processes in the areas of public accountability, financial management, policy reform and implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide overall program direction and oversee technical implementation, strategic planning, and management
• Ensure the project’s targeted results are achieved on schedule, resources are used effectively, and deliverables are of the highest quality
• Manage project office and in-country team of long- and short-term specialists, overseeing the overall programmatic budget
• Serve as the project’s senior representative and manage relations with the government of the Sri Lanka, USAID, and other key stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in international development, democracy and governance, sociology or a relevant field required; Ph.D. preferred
• Minimum 15 years’ senior management experience supervising legislative strengthening, parliamentary support, public accountability, policy dialogue, reform and implementation, civil society organization capacity building and/or gender and social inclusion required
• Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and managing USAID contracts of similar size and scope highly preferred
• Intellectual leadership and management skills necessary to develop, articulate, and implement a vision for SDGAP
• Familiarity with Sri Lankan or Asian parliaments and politics highly desirable.
• Demonstrate ability to operate prudently, effectively, and diplomatically in a highly political environment
• Ability to work effectively with broad spectrum of counterparts, from USAID personnel, senior-level officials in the public and private sectors, local organization partners, and subcontractors, as well as project professional and administrative staff
• Excellent client relationship management, collaboration, delegation, communication, and inter-personal skills
• Excellent training facilitation, capacity building and presentation skills
• Experience in Sri Lanka highly preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Excellent oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in Sinhala or Tamil preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Send electronic submissions to SLSDGAPRecruit@chemonics.com by May 31, 2015. Please include Chief of party in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Chief of party – SDGAP project” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.