As a Systems Engineer in our Information Communication Technology team, you will balance the execution of systems enqineerinq tasks with routine administration. This is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will work cross-functionally with other tech professionals to build and support robust, enterprise-class, and highly-available systems and services.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• IT infrastructure and network engineering task planning, design, implementation, documentation and maintenance.
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services.
• Research and resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions.
• Provide escalation support for end-user trouble calls.
• Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective IT operations through the implementation of automation, proactive monitoring, and preventative maintenance.
• Document and cross-train team members in areas of strong expertise.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from a recognized University
• 5+ years of experience in supporting enterprise-scale systems and deploying Windows servers
• Mastery of Microsoft server operating systems and services including AD, DNS, DHCP, RDP, IIS, WSUS, and group policy administration
• Expertise in installing, configuring, and managing multiple LAN/WAN network technologies (switches, routers and firewalls)
• Office 365 administration
• Disaster recovery planning, high-availability, backup, recovery and continuity solutions
• Systems operations monitoring, alerting and remediation
• Administrative scripting and automation
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work with users from all levels of the organization with all degrees of technology literacy
• Proven ability to advance multiple high-complexity, high-visibility projects to success.
Skills and Attributes
• Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to work under pressure and be on call support when required.
• Excellent customer service skills 011 the phone and in person.
If you are a match to the above role, please send your resume to : email@example.com
Please mention the position ‘Systems Engineer” in the subject line of the email and send your application in PDF/MS word
format with the file name indicating your name. (Ex: A.B.C.Silva.pdf)
Intrepid Colombo (a.k.a PEAK Colombo) was started back in October 2012 to provide IT development services to the Intrepid (then PEAK) group. We are part of the Intrepid Group and a fully owned subsidiary of Intrepid Travel Private Limited Australia. We are a hardworking, fun loving company where passionate people can work together to grow the company globally.
We provide modern work environment with agile scrum practices and latest technologies. Our professionals enjoying proper work life balance with modern management and organization practices.
PEAK Colombo (Intrepid Group) & +94 115 922 050
Level 6, Tisara Plaza, 135 Dutugemunu Street, Colombo 06 © www.intrepidgroup.travel/colombo