We are rapidly expanding and we need more Network Support Engineers for immediate recruitment.
Exetel’s Colombo office is at Orion City. You will be required to work an 8 hour ’shift’ from 3.00 am to 12.00 noon five days each week. This ’shift’ will be varied on an alternate month basis with a ’shift’ worked between 10.00 am and 7.00 pm. The people who are currently successful at Exetel in these positions have the following characteristics:
· IT related degree and/or MSc
· Solid personal experience with modems, routers, networking and broadband services
· Patience, Courtesy and the ability to paying attention to ultimate detail
· Ability to work full on for extended periods of time
You will work with a group of people who are among the best in the IT / Communication / Internet industry and will have good opportunities to advance in your career in a choice of directions.
The job responsibilities of this position are as follows but not limited to:
· Analyse the problem(s) reported by customers
· Troubleshoot where necessary for various faults on the customer premise equipment or the network using advanced network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
· Liase with Exetel’s wholesale suppliers – who are major telecom operators in Australia in resolving customer requirements and service issues
· Have a thorough understanding of telecom regulatory and compliance issues in Australia and advise/respond to customers accordingly
· Liase with Exetel’s level 3 support staff in Australia for resolving advanced technical problems/service issues
Please apply ONLY if you have the following:
IT/Computer Science/Networking related degree from a recognised University
Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
CCNA and any other Cisco certification
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications but will not be less than Rs. 60,000 if you are allocated to the afternoon shift OR Rs.90,000/- if you are allocated to the early morning shift that operates from 3.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
To Apply For This Position
Send in your resume to: email@example.com “NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEER” stated on the Subject line.
IF you have previously applied PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AGAIN.
Canvassing in any form will be an immediate disqualification.
No phone enquiries whatsoever will be entertained. Only the short listed applicants will be notified.