N & R Consulting Corp is a New York based IT/IS Consulting Company, expanding operations in Colombo. Our client is one of the largest insurance companies in US with an extended offshore DevOps team based in Colombo. This is a unique opportunity to directly work with the in house DevOps team with exposure to bleeding edge technologies and a large US corporate culture. We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated and talented with the ability to quickly leam new and unfamiliar technologies to become part of Agile/Scrum team.
Senior DevOps Engineer:
• Lead and manage a team of DevOps and systems Engineers to support Continuous Delivery, test automation, and deployment automation
• Contribute to and work across many different projects and technologies, as needed
• Collaborate with other Engineering Leads and the Product team to coordinate product releases
• Create and share a strategic vision for the team as well as hiring and scaling the team to meet that vision
• Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring
• Prepare status reports and participate in management meetings
• Mentor, develop and train junior staff members as needed
• Strong Linux system Administrator skill, preferably in RedHat or CentOs
• Strong Scripting skills, preferably (one or more) shell. Python, Ruby or Perl
• Experience with Puppet or Chef
• Experience with PowerShell
• Familiar with Micro containers and tools (one or more) such as Docker. Docker compose, Swarm, Consul. Mesos and Kubemetes
• Experience with Open source technologies such as Apache or Tomcat
• Experience with centralized logging facilities such as Splunk is a plus
• Working knowledge of Build automation tools (one or more) such as Jenkins or Maven or Gradle is desirable
• Knowledge of version control systems such as SVN, Git or Perforce and understanding of branching and tagging of releases
• Familiarity with Object oriented programming and Java application is a plus
Education: A Bachelor degree in Computer Science. Information Technology. Electrical or Electronics Engineering or higher level education.
Experience: 4+ years’ experience is desirable
Candidate should have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), a strong work ethic and ability to perform in a high-pressure environment. Further, candidate must be self motivated and exhibit growth potential. This is a very dynamic work environment where team members will be continually challenged. Highly motivated individuals will thrive in an open culture, which encourages out-of-the-box thinking. An attractive remuneration package and excellent opportunities for career development are available to the right candidate.
Please forward your resume, with the names and contact details of two non-related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.