Essential Functions and Responsibilities
of the job includes, but are not limited to:
• Schedules & coordinates the work of all kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economically, technically, correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
• Responsible in Controlling the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major kitchen operating expenses and to set margins and manage the business against projections.
• Develop and implement guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under correct conditions.
• Establishes controls to minimize food, supply waste and theft.
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training monthly basis to increase their knowledge about Food Preparation & safety.
• Ensures minimum staffing to maximum productivity and high standards of food quality for Guests & Staff.
• Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Other Skills & Abilities
• Ability to regularly report to duty on time, to follow directions, acceptance of constructive criticism, to get along & treat executives, supervisors co-workers with respect & courtesy and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate, and violent behaviour.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays plus to respond on mails during time off.
• Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience.
– Have professional culinary qualifications from a recognized institute.
– Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar capacity/function in star class hotels with a strong background in HACCP procedures and application.
– Have advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
– Have ability to meet deadlines.
– Have proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Able to read, write and verbal proficiency in the English Language.
– Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication in English.
– Tamil would be an added advantage.
An attractive remuneration package awaits the right candidate. Please send your resume with two non- related referees within 14 days of this advertisement to email@example.com indicating the post in the subject column. (Softcopies preferred)
Group Chief Executive Officer, Thinnaveli Property Developers (Pvt) Ltd Orion City “West End Buildling”, 752/5, Dr. A. Danister De Silva Mawatha, Colombo 9.