• Type and translate toSinhala all correspondence and other work related documents as required.
• Check original texts and/or verify with respective Executives to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and tenor of the original material.
• Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
• Proof read, edit, and revise translated materials for grammatical mistakes and errors.
• Transcribe stenotype notes of inquiry proceedings in Sinhala.
• G.C.E 0/L qualified with a Distinction for Sinhala and English language is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
• Over 3 years of experience in a similar capacity.
• Fast typing skills.
• Attention to detail with ability to spot grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to work independently and multitask.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for on the subject line of the email. The closing date for applications will be 20th August 2020. Only the short-listed applicants will be called for an interview. Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit based. Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.