Key Responsibilities :
• Preparation of month-end accounts closing and review processes to ensure accuracy of P&L and Balance Sheet, and adherence to all group reporting deadlines.
• Monitoring and review of provisions, prepayments, and other balances.
• Review of Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables balances.
• Update and maintain Fixed Asset Register.
• Posting of IFRS 16 – Lease entries relating to all EFL stations in the USA.
• Extraction of all the financial reports, once the monthly accounts are finalized, for submission to HQ.
• Preparation of the monthly MIS report and reviewing before closing of the month.
• Month end processes for EFL Container Lines (Accounting of Ocean Import and Ocean Export transactions and bank entries).
• Perform reconciliations of financial profits and the MIS profits.
• Support Management Reporting processes which include overhead analysis, preparing performance reports such as CFS performance analysis report, customer profitability report, salesman performance report and other adhoc reports as required.
• Support in the Annual Audit processes and Annual Tax Returns.
• Work collaboratively in identification and support of continuous improvement activities.
• Perform additional duties that commensurate with the current role, as and when requested by the management.
Position Requirements :
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in accounting.
• Excellent communication skills in oral & written English.
• A degree in finance/accounting is preferred.
• CIMA/ACCA/CA full/part qualification.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages. Specially in Excel.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work without supervision
• Strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
• Ability to take self-initiatives.
• Accuracy and impeccable attention to detail.
• Adaptable to working in a fast-changing environment to meet business priorities and deadlines.
• Willingness to work on late shifts and travel if necessary.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. Applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of two non-related referees, within 07 days of this advertisement. Please mention the position applied for in the subject of the e-mail.