Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
MSI is seeking a long-term monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) specialist. S/he will report to the chief of party (COP) and will be responsible for coordinating and managing the project’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities. S/he will supervise the communication and reporting officer, work closely with the Vavuniya-based MEL officer and will provide training and support to program officers in data collection and data integrity.
**Please note: Only local Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position
- Lead development of the MEL plan (MELP) with support from MSI’s home office; oversee implementation of the plan.
- Build grantee capacity to develop MELPs, track indicators and coordinate all reporting.
- Support grantees in the region to design project log frames, results indicators, indicator definitions, and data collection methods.
- Monitor field-level grantee projects and train grantees on monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Meet periodically with grantees’ and subcontractors’ staff to discuss the status and quality of reporting.
- Contribute in meeting donor reporting requirements by writing case stories, updating an online database, writing success stories and keeping photo documentation.
- Manage other M&E staff in Colombo and/or regional offices.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of M&E experience on donor-funded projects; experience with USAID will be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in log frames or logic models, indicator development, development and management of data collection systems, and collecting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated experience in writing M&E reports, case studies and most significant change stories.
- Experience working with and monitoring civil society projects on themes related to governance, reconciliation, gender, livelihoods, or capacity development is an advantage.
- Experience in designing and conducting capacity building initiatives in M&E for grantees.
- Experience managing other M&E staff an asset.
- Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language desired.
- A good understanding of, and commitment to, gender and diversity considerations.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.