Communication and Reporting Specialist, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
MSI is recruiting a full-time communication and reporting specialist to play a key role in ensuring that IDEA products are evidence-based, useful, and meet quality standards. Under the direction of IDEA’s chief of party (COP), the communications specialist will develop templates and products to enhance the accessibility and usefulness of the information produced under IDEA for internal and external stakeholders.
*Please note: Only local Sri Lankan citizens may apply**
- Work with the IDEA’s COP and senior team to develop IDEA communication products, templates and tools.
- Draft, write and edit written materials, including fact sheets, learning summaries, reports, thematic briefs, and other communication products.
- Work closely with IDEA technical teams to finalize reports and deliverables for submission.
- Ensure that all IDEA communications conform to USAID branding requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of IDEA quarterly and annual reports.
- Work closely with staff (graphic designers etc.) to develop content about program activities and achievements.
- Gather and synthesize information for deliverables and periodic USAID requests (e.g., success stories, snapshots).
- Work closely with the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) manager and project officers in compiling reporting information from grantees.
- Train staff and grantees in identifying data for reports and communicating with stakeholders and communities.
- University degree in English, communications, journalism, mass communication, social science research, or a related area is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience as a copy editor, journalist, communications specialist, researcher, or other similar experience.
- Prior experience working on international development programs in Sri Lanka, particularly USAID-funded, and in-depth knowledge of development issues required.
- Proven track record of producing information products for a variety of target audiences under tight timeframes is required.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into different formats (e.g., weekly reports, snapshots, political/security briefings, ad hoc reporting etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using current software packages for data visualization and presentations preferred.
- Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language desired.
- A good understanding of and commitment to gender and diversity considerations.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.