Capacity Building Manager, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity will aim to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes.
The capacity building manager will be responsible for delivering on MSI’s commitment to USAID under the capacity building component targeted at identified CSOs in Sri Lanka. The interventions will focus on institutional and programmatic capacity building and will include organizational development activities in the areas of administrative and financial systems, governance and leadership development, strategic planning, media and communication strategies, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and gender integration.
**Please note: Only local Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position
- Coordinate and oversee short-term technical assistance (STTA) consultants and sub-contractors supporting capacity development.
- Arrange and coordinate other trainings and workshops.
- Commission, coordinate and evaluate the provision of the support identified above that are provided through consultants and capacity building partners.
- Ensure gender considerations are incorporated into all capacity building interventions.
- Work with the IDEA M&E team to monitor and analyze progress and adjust capacity building programs as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of direct experience in capacity building or organizational development.
- Familiarity with organizational development practices and tools.
- Knowledge of individuals and institutions in the country that provide organizational development services, and experience working with them.
- Experience working in field locations in the provinces preferred.
- Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language desired.
- A good understanding of, and commitment to, gender and diversity considerations.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects and programs.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.