This position requires establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of DAMCO. Creating a plan to land the sale with clear goals; ensure sufficient sales pipeline size, and price to negotiate and create value for clients. Promote the brand image and value of DAMCO and offer clear value proposition to customers. Act as the face of DAMCO and work in tandem with customer services / in house sales and other stakeholders to ensure that the customer is served to his satisfaction
• Acquire in depth knowledge of the Logistics business which includes project cargo as well.
• Learn the business of potential customer’s industries
• Deep insight into customer needs
• Global SCM market knowledge
• Setting and leading a regional team
• Collect, analyze and distribute relevant market development information to support existing businesses and development of new businesses.
• Continuously review the market for new business opportunities and activities and generate profitable business prepositions.
• Keep track of competitors’ activities, new business plans and customers also strategies for business expansion.
• Identify develop and improve commercial processes, including coordination with internal & external stakeholders
• Effective Management of the CRM / Sales Pipeline. Maintain agreed closing ratios / sales visits pertaining to Sales activity.
• Monitor and improve on market identification and new business opportunities
• Establish commercial KPI’s and ensure delivery against these KPI’s.
• Conduct sales calls and close the deal effectively.
• Identify and pursue cross selling opportunities by coordinating with Country Commercial Head
• Development of a project cargo vertical with the close collaboration of the DAMCO Network. Identify potential project cargo opportunities related to infrastructure, real estate and engineering projects which are underway / will commence in Sri Lanka and make initial introductions on behalf of DAMCO. Identify the key stakeholders to approach regarding DAMCO capabilities.
• Through structured approach expand the customer base without losing existing business.
• Collect outstanding and control DSO.
• Pro-actively meet (potential) customers in order to obtain/maintain business
• Drive the collection of relevant trade data to support existing business unit as well as for development of new business activities and/or locations.
• Lead Colleagues by example – provide help & motivation to improve performance
• Encourage a positive, healthy and proactive attitude towards colleagues, clients and towards other service providers.
• Sharing of best practices within the team / locations
Key Performance Indicator
• Reach or exceed the commercial targets of business
• Maintaining and widening of customer base
• Improved customer satisfaction
• Timely identification and action of risks to avoid them turning into issues
• Company values are lived both by incumbent and the commercial organization
We are looking for
• Graduate or other equivalent professional qualifications
• Minimum 2-3 years of Sales experience from the relevant industry.
• The position requires excellent English in written and verbal communication skills
• Professional knowledge of Logistics / Projects/ Freight Forwarding / Supply Chain Management execution
• Good expertise of Business development & Projects handling
• Good expertise of Sales
• Proven leadership ability to demonstrate trust, personal learning, collaboration and teamwork
Please click here to Apply Online